In this rapidly changing global economy, executive training needs frequently shift in response to organization, environmental, and market demands. Our customized Executive Education programs at the Schar School of Policy and Government are a powerful way to transform your organization and to realize and achieve your strategic objectives. We provide the actionable, relevant learning experiences you need—when, how, and where you want them—using the latest in education technologies.
Our esteemed faculty welcomes the opportunity to engage with professionals from across the country and around the world. Given the opportunity to serve as your new strategic partner, we will provide a dynamic learning experience to meet the challenges your managers and leaders face in today’s complex economy.
Our executive education programs at the Schar School focus on legislative, regulatory, and program initiatives, as well as relevant social, economic, and technological developments. We seek to support decision-makers across all levels who must tackle the most challenging problems of our times.
In addition to open enrollment and cohort programs, we offer custom-designed executive education programs for public, private, and nonprofit organizations. Courses can range from half-day briefings to several week-long programs in non-credit and for-credit formats and capacities.
Our Signature Executive Education and Development Programs
Young Scholars Research Program
Welcome to the Young Scholars Research Program, an exclusive opportunity for exceptional high school students in grades 9 through 12. Our program offers students the unique chance to explore a wide range of subjects, including Political Science, BioInformatics, BioMedical, Astronomy Data analysis, Space Research, AI and Data Science, Machine Learning, Environmental Science, and Engineering Science.
Each year, our program brings out cutting-edge research projects tailored to various levels of proficiency, offering students opportunities for exploration and discovery. Our dedicated faculty members personalize these projects to match students' backgrounds and skills, ensuring appropriate interactive participation in both our laboratories and during on-site visits. Students receive mentorship in scholarly paper writing under the guidance of our professors, resulting in the development and publication of professional research papers within their chosen fields.
We will accept applications every Spring and Fall, and seats are limited based on each program's availabilities. Please see the following links for more information and email ExecEd@gmu.edu for any inquiries.
- Young Scholars Research Paper and Publications
- High School and College Student Internship: Data Analytics for Elite Young Scholars - Biology and Medical Science Experience - Summer 2024
- Two month Internship - NASA Data Science Analysis and Scholarly Research Paper Writing - Summer 2024
- Young Scholars Data Science Fall Internship: Machine Learning, ChatGPT, and Bayesian Statistics for Experimental Data Sciences - Fall 2023
- Four-Month High School Student Internship: Bioinformatics Research and Big Data Analytics for Young Scholars - Fall 2023
- High School and College Student Internship: Data Analytics for Elite Young Scholars - Biology and Medical Science Experience - Summer 2023
- High School Astronomy Data Analysis and Space Research for NASA Missions - Summer 2023
- Four-Week High School Student Internship: Bioinformatics Research and Big Data Analytics for Young Scholars - Summer 2022
- High School Student Internship Program: Policy Research and Data Analysis - Fall 2021
Executive Master's Degree Programs
The Schar School offers eight master's degree programs, two of which include executive degree-seeking formats:
- Master's in Organization Development & Knowledge Management
- Northern Virginia Public Services Fellows Program: Master of Public Administration
If you are interested in one of these master's degree programs, contact our Office of Graduate Admissions at email@example.com or (703) 993-8099.
Customizable Program Areas
- Arts and Museum Management
- Business Management, Leadership, and Development
- Energy, Engineering, Cyber Security and IT
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Financial Management and Global Marketing
- Higher Education
- Nursing and Healthcare Management
- Personal Leadership and Professional Development
- Real Estate and Assets Appraisals
- Sports Management
- Sustainability and Resiliency
- Summer Camps
- And many more customized options - browse the full list of sample program areas.
The Schar School Advantage
- Innovative simulation and case study
- Global curriculum and diverse training styles: classroom, seminar, workshop, site visit, conference, luncheon, Banquet, etc.
- Hands-on learning experiences with World-class faculty
- Located near the U.S. Capital - Greater Washington D.C.
- Forbes - America’s Best Buys: highly rated programs at a great value
- U.S. News and World Report - # 1 “Up and Coming University”
Questions? Contact Us.
If you have any inquiries or comments on our executive education programs, please feel free to contact us:
Director, Executive Development Programs
Schar School of Policy and Government
George Mason University
4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: (703) 993-3365